All bachelor degree and diploma students are required to undergo industrial training as part of their curiculum to complete their four (4) years course for the Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (BEKG) and Bachelor of Mechatronic Engineering (BEKM) and two and half (2 1/2) years course for the Diploma of Electrical Engineering. The industrial training will be conducted for a 10-week period of training at respective industrial companies. It is compulsory for all degree and diploma program students to undergo the Industrial Training Program.
In general, the aim of industrial training is to give exposure, experience and professional skills to various aspects of engineering discipline, in particular in electrical engineering related industries. The students are also expected to be familiarized with efficient, accountable and ethical conduct as they will be supervised directly under the company’s personnel as well as supervisors from the Faculty. Apart from that, the assessment will be made by the appointed faculty supervisors and the industry supervisors. A Program Outcome (PO) survey is also embedded in the assessment form by the industry supervisors. There will also be a survey of the students prior to completion of their training. Evaluation will be based on the faculty supervisor report, industrial supervisor report, formal report and student logbook toward grading whether pass or fail.
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to:
- Able to communicate in oral, written and response effectively by delivering ideas and contents clearly.
- Able to demonstrate technical knowledge.
- Able to identify and analyses problem, proposes creative solutions and chooses appropriate strategies to solve the problem.
- Able to work effectively in a group by understanding and performing the role as a team member.
- Able to apply good professional and ethical practices performed in the company.
- Able to search, manage and synthesize information.