The Master of Science candidate is supervised by an academic staff (or a panel of supervisors) from the faculty. The directed research work will focus on a particular subject that introduces candidates to the processes by which new knowledge is developed or/ and applied accordingly. The specific topic of investigation will be agreed upon by the supervisor (or panel of supervisors) and the candidate. The academic progress of a candidate is assessed through a research. Progress Report submitted at the end of each semester. The degree is awarded based on an oral examination (viva- voce) of the thesis submitted by the candidate on completion of the study. Candidates intending to study by research may submit their application for admission throughout the year.
Programme Educational Objective (PEO)
Programme Educational Objective (PEO) are specific goals describing the expected achievement of graduates in their career and professional life after 5 years of graduation. Below are the PEO for the Faculty of Electrical Engineering’s MEKM Programme:
- Master knowledge acquired for innovation and creative scholarly activities in mechatronics engineering.
- Practice professional leadership in related to mechatronic engineering field.
- Engage with community and industry towards sustainable development and life-long learning.
Programme Outcome (PO)
Programme Outcome (PO) are statements describing what students are expected to know and be able to perform or attain by the time of graduation. These are related to the Knowledge (K), Skills (S), and Attitude (A) that students acquire throughout the programme.
Below is the list of Programme Outcomes for Faculty of Electrical Technology and Engineering’s Master’s Programme:
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge in electrical engineering.
- Apply advanced skills acquired in practical electrical engineering situation.
- Relate ideas to societal issues in electrical engineering.
- Conduct project and adhere to legal, ethical and professional codes of practice.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities through communicating and working effectively with peers and stakeholders.
- Generate solutions to problems using scientific and critical thinking skills.
- Manage information and lifelong learning skills.