Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Industrial Power) with Honours involves the areas connected to the electricity system aspects such as generation, transmission, power distribution, power system protection, electrical energy, load management, including regulatory affairs and energy components such as circuit breakers, transformer control equipment and so on.
Programme Educational Objective (PEO)
Program Educational Objectives (PEO) is specific goals describing expected achievements of graduates in their career and professional life after graduation.
The objectives of this programme are to produce graduates who:
To produce engineering technologists who are creative and innovative to practice in electrical/ electronic/computer engineering technology fields
To produce engineering technologists who are able to engage with continuous professional development and constantly adapt to evolving technologies.
- To produce engineering technologists who are able to practice professional ethics and leadership to meet the needs of the society
Programme Outcome (PO)
Upon completion of this program, graduate should be able to:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering specialisation principles to defined and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies in the field of electrical engineering technology (industrial automation & robotics / industrial power).
- Ability to solve broadly-defined engineering problems systematically to reach substantiated conclusions, using tools and techniques appropriate to electrical engineering technology (industrial automation & robotics / industrial power).
- Ability to design solutions for broadly-defined engineering technology problems, and to design systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, as well as cultural, societal, environmental and sustainability
- Ability to plan and conduct experimental investigations of broadly-defined problems, using data from relevant
- Ability to select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools, with an understanding of their
- Ability to function effectively as individuals, and as members or leaders in diverse technical teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
- Ability to recognise the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Electrical Engineering Technology
Graduates Electrical engineering technology (EET) is an engineering technology field that implements and applies the principles of electrical engineering. The role of electrical engineering technologists is primarily to design, develop, test, and manufacture electrical and electronic equipment and they may work in product evaluation and testing, using measuring and diagnostic devices to adjust, test, and repair equipment. Graduates of electrical engineering technology programs capable of accommodate a wide range of career fields, such as:
- Telecommunications and signal processing
- Medical technology and devices
- Aerospace and avionics
- Electrical power industry and power distribution
- Research and development
- Process Control
- Manufacturing Industries