Bachelor Technology program structure mainly focused on the job competency tailored to the specific technology areas together with the emphasis on the entrepreneurship element, it was designed with the solid support from related industries. This degree program provides an understanding of the installation, operation, monitoring, integration, troubleshooting and maintenance of the electrical system that were operated in many areas including utilities, services, building, transportation, plants, machineries as well as in the manufacturing industries.
The graduates from this programme are expected to have the abilities of problem identification and propose the solution, come out with proof of concept, perform testing procedures, carry out verification and calibration as well as to plan maintenance schedule effectively
Programme Educational Objective (PEO)
Programme Educational Objective (PEO) are specific goals describing the expected achievement of graduates in their career and professional life after 3 to 5 years of graduation.
The objectives of this programme are to produce graduates who:
- To produce electrical system maintenance technologist that perform maintenance related work including electrical maintenance, facility manager, and energy manager.
- To produce technopreneurs in electrical related technology.
- To produce relevant, respected and referred professionals in electrical maintenance technology.
Programme Learning Outcome (PLO)
Programme Learning Outcome (PLO) are statements describing what students are expected to know and be able to perform or attain by the time of graduation.
Upon graduation, graduates should be able to :-
- Apply knowledge of technology fundamentals to broadly-defined procedures processes, systems and methodologies in electrical system maintenance.
- Able to suggest and apply latest tools and techniques to solve broadly-defined problems.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve broadly-defined problems in electrical system maintenance.
- Able to communicate and articulate effectively in both verbal and written among technologist communities and society at large.
- Demonstrate understanding of the societal related issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to broadly-defined technology practices.
- Recognize the needs for professional development and to engage independent lifelong learning in specialist technologists.
- Demonstrate an awareness of management and technopreneurship practices in real perspective.
- Demonstrate professionalism and social and ethical consideration.
- Demonstrate leadership quality, mentoring and work effectively in diverse teams.
Electrical Maintenance Technology
Electrical maintenance concentrates on the industrial environment and prepares students to maintain and repair electrical/electronic equipment used in government, commercial and industrial facilities. Graduates can look forward to jobs as electrical services technologist, field service technologist, electricians, electrical maintainers and or electrical equipment installers. Graduates of electrical technology programs capable of accommodate a wide range of career fields, such as:
- Building Maintenance services
- Plant and Facilities Maintenance
- Transportation Industry
- Electrical power industry and power distribution
- Automotive Industry
- Research and development
- Industrial Process Control
- Manufacturing Industries
- HVAC Industry