Duration of Studies
Programme Educational Objective (PEO)
Programme Educational Objective (PEO) are specific goals describing the expected achievement of graduates in their career and professional life after 5 years of graduation.
Below are the PEO for the Faculty of Electrical Engineering’s PhD Programme:
- Integrate original contribution of knowledge acquired for innovative and creative scientific process in scholarly activities.
- Practice professional leadership in respective discipline.
- Engage with community and industry towards sustainable development and lifelong learning
Programme Outcome (PO)
Programme Outcome (PO) are statements describing what students are expected to know and be able to perform or attain by the time of graduation. These are related to the Knowledge (K), Skills (S), and Attitude (A) that students acquire throughout the programme.
Below is the list of Programme Outcomes for Faculty of Electrical Engineering’s PhD and DEng Programme:
- Synthesise knowledge and contribute to original research that broadens the frontier of knowledge in the relevant field.
- Adapt practical skills leading to innovative ideas in the relevant field.
- Provide expert advice to society in the relevant field.
- Conduct research independently and adhere to legal, ethical and professional codes of practice.
- Display leadership qualities through communicating and working effectively with peers and stakeholders.
- Appraise problems in the relevant field critically using scientific skills.
- Integrate information for lifelong learning.
Doctor of philosophy (PhD) programme structure